Update (01/05): A Reddit person boasting to be used by Samsung has uploaded a established of photographs of Android Oreo on the Galaxy Take note 8. The photographs, which you can see below, present the “about phone” and “software information” web pages of the Take note 8, exhibiting a number of update aspects.
The redditor states that the update was dispatched by Samsung as part of a soak examination — a tiny scale rollout to check out for any likely challenges — but it’s not distinct how quite a few handsets it has landed on (or in fact if the person is a Samsung employee). Regardless, Samsung has evidently pushed out an update to another person, so it should be in its last phases.
We just realized that Samsung was winding down its Galaxy S8 Oreo beta examination, which really should be completed in 10 days, and there are murmurs that the last variation of the computer software could hit those people handsets right before the conclude of the thirty day period. With the computer software seemingly nearing completion on the Take note 8 also, we could see it get there all around the similar time.
We’ll have much more shortly, till then, check out out the provided record of changes below, and look at our preceding update protection underneath:
- Update to the keyboard
- Photo in photograph assist
- App-certain extensive push menus from launcher
- Secure folder can be established to keep unlocked till the monitor goes to sleep
- Autofill API assist (with bio-metrics) for all apps, and browser
- Coloured media notifications
- Notification groups
- Customization solutions for notification badges
- Keyboard utilizes gify for gif search assist
- A lot more edge lights solutions
- Skill to look at Samsung cloud things only
- Skill to backup Samsung secure folder in Samsung cloud
- Bluetooth, substantial-quality audio codecs
- Handle passwords of Samsung and 3rd-bash apps with Samsung move
Past protection: Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Take note 8 Android update tracker web page. This web page addresses all big U.S. carriers with a brief reference table for each and every and a log with links to further more aspects. It will be frequently updated with the hottest Galaxy Take note 8 update data, but be aware that we won’t be covering basic protection patches in our record.
We endorse you bookmark this web page so you can keep up to day with the extremely hottest updates.
Samsung Galaxy Take note 8 Android update
The Galaxy Take note 8 was introduced in September, 2017 running Android 7.1.1 Nougat and is predicted to be just one of the very first Samsung phones to receive Android Oreo. When this will happen we never know, and we just can’t draw on the Galaxy Take note 7‘s update timeline for an indication either (it was abandoned right before it received its very first big update).
The Oreo beta for the Samsung Galaxy S8 really should be wrapping up in January, and the comprehensive rollout really should abide by shortly immediately after (at minimum in South Korea). The equivalent Galaxy Take note 8 update shouldn’t be too significantly guiding.
Galaxy Take note 8 update US
|Samsung Galaxy Take note 8 updates – US||Android 7.1.1||Android 8.|
Verizon Galaxy Take note 8 (SM-N950UZ*AVZW) update:
- November 29, 2017, Verizon provides some digital camera UI alterations, a deal with for the KRACK exploit, and the October protection updates
- September 15, 2017, Verizon is rolling out a day-just one patch to the Take note 8 to improve GPS sign toughness and Swype phrase prediction precision.
AT&T Galaxy Take note 8 (SM-N950UZ*AATT) update:
- November 14, 2017, AT&T is rolling out an update that involves community general performance enhancements, security advancements, and patches for the KRACK and BlueBorne vulnerabilities.
T-Mobile Galaxy Take note 8 update (SM-N950UZ*ATMB:
- December 22, 2017, T-Mobile rolls out update develop N950USQU2BQLA with December protection patches, online video conferencing advancements, and an update for the carrier’s DIGITS provider.
- November 20, 2017, T-Mobile addresses the IMS roaming bug deal with though delivering the October and November Google protection patches, comprehensive with KRACK deal with.
- September 15, 2017, T-Mobile rolls out a working day-just one patch with security advancements and bug fixes.
Dash Galaxy Take note 8 update (SM-N950UZ*ASPR):
- November 16, 2017, Sprint updates the Gallery, Reminder, Calendar and Voice Recorder apps, and fixes several bugs (like a Samsung DeX mistake). Wi-Fi calling has also been enhanced and renamed “Calling As well as.”
- September 15, 2017, Sprint improves GPS precision for Google maps and rolls out some security advancements.
Intercontinental Samsung Galaxy Take note 8 update (SM-N950F):
- December 12, 2017, Samsung is rolling out a Take note 8 update in Europe which improves the Calendar, Gallery, Reminder, and Voice Recorder apps, addresses a Samsung DeX mistake, and provides the Secure Wi-Fi VPN provider.
- November 30, 2017: Samsung is rolling out firmware version N950FXXU1BQK6 that involves the November protection patches (correcting the KRACK Wi-Fi and BlueBorne exploits), protection advancements to Wi-Fi perform, and enhancements to Calendar, Reminder, Gallery, and Voice Recorder apps.
- September 13, 2017: Samsung is rolling out firmware variation N950FXXU1AQI1 with advancements to the digital camera computer software and wi-fi charging.
If you’ve received an update we have missed, hit the feedback below or Idea Us!